Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I install a newer hp mainboard contained by my 2 yr ancient hp pavilion a1110n?

I want a AGP or PCI express slot for a graphics card. This one only have 3 standard pci slots. I need an hp board so that the power plugs will hook up right.

Can I install a newer hp mainboard contained by my 2 yr ancient hp pavilion a1110n?

Is the newer motherboard a different model? If so, this brings along a intact host of possible incapabilities. Different CPU socket, different memory needs, may involve a bigger power supply or change from 20 to 24 pin, IDE (type of harddrive connection) support may hold been dropped for Sata(newer faster nouns for harddrives).



Best thing to do is to verbs up your motherboard specs from HP website and compare them to the new one.



CPU and memory change are killers for your unmarked board.



Power supplies, Harddrives - you may be able to procure away with some added hardware.
the answer is conceivably or maybe not. The motherboard might fit into unquestionable type of casing. Now if you don't aid about the appereance of your computer, and prepared to have it half-naked, after I am sure you can do it at certain amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment