Friday, September 17, 2010

Buying spanking new disc burner?

My older CD burner stopped working,so I'm going to buy a alien one. However, I was wondering if that when I capture the new burner, will I know how to install it myself or do I need to cart it into a computer shop to get it installed?

Buying spanking new disc burner?

If you are going to buy a foreign CD/DVD burner, spend the extra ten bucks and go for a Serial ATA interface book. The big fat cable you hold connecting your old drive to your motherboard is IDE, which is slow and have cumbersome cables. If your computer is recent satisfactory it should have SATA ports (like for SATA sturdy drives), which are much faster and have smaller cable. Find out what kind of motherboard you hold, go to the manufacturer's website, and check the precise specs to see if it has SATA ports.



Newegg.com is a great source for computer parts:

http://www.newegg.com/product/productlis...

Make sure to check reviews on the products, and buy a RETAIL magazine, since those come with the cords you stipulation. OEM is just the drive itself.



CD/DVD drives are really confident to install (I can personally do it surrounded by probably 5 minutes). Do a bit of research on how to install those things; don't bother lugging your computer to a computer shop and wasting money when it's an easy plenty installation.
are you ask people if they know how smart you are I didn't expect so on the wide plug look and see where on earth the red stripe is and that's #1 you'll see a small jumper and 3 positions you can put it ms-sl-cs look to see which one it's on and the power cord will solitary go on one process and windows will automatically install it


No comments:

Post a Comment